We use the curriculum document Being, Belonging, Becoming - Early Years Learning Framework, to plan experiences to promote the development of children's life skills and competencies.
The Focus Areas are:
- Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children are connected with and contribute to their world
- Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
- Children are confident and involved learners
- Children are effective communicators
In our environment children are allowed the freedom to seek out their own learning individually or with the support of their peers and adults in their play. Our fortnightly program consists of activities for the children to:
- Make discoveries
- Explore their own interests
- seek answers to questions
- test their knowledge and hypotheses
- develop new skills and practice existing skills
At Modbury Kindergarten, we believe that literacy and numeracy is an important part of our program. We provide structured group times, with specific focus on early literacy and numeracy skills. Individual Learning Plans and Summative reports are provided for each child.